The New Surface Laptop 3 is Microsoft’s latest portable addition to its range of business laptops. It is packed with the 10th Gen Intel Core processor, powerful GPU, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB Type-C port. It is a successor to the 2018 Surface Laptop 2.
Where to Buy Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
This Microsoft laptop is available two display sizes including 13.5-inch and 15-inch with a top-notch redesigned body and best security feature at affordable price.
Surface Laptop 3 Key Features
- 13.5-inch and 15-inch PixelSense Touch Display
- Quad-core 10th Gen Intel Core i5 or Core i7 (13.5-inch model) or AMD Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 (15-inch model)
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics (13.5-inch) or Up to AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition (15-inch)
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Up to 1TB SSD
- 1 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type C
- 1x Surface Connect Port
- 720p HD f2.0 camera
- Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby® Audio™
- Up to 11.5 Hours Battery Life (Typical Usage)
Surface Laptop 3 craftsmanship is a sight to behold. It sports a Slim and stylish with a unique Alcantara for plain old aluminum, although there is a model with aluminum deck.
The stylish laptop sports a traditional aluminum body with a glass-covered screen and hinges to hold the screen to the base.
Also, the Alcantara fabric which is the biggest design difference on the deck into which the keyboard is mounted.
This laptop measures a dimension of 13.4 x 9.6 x .57 inches (339.5 x 224 x 14.69mm) and weighs 1.54kg, hence, the light, portable yet durable design.
Furthermore, when opened the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 sports thin bezel at both sides, top and bottom.
The top bezel helps host the 720p HD f2.0 camera which has the Windows Hello face authentication, thus serving as a security measure for privacy.
Similarly, the deck host the keyboard and a trackpad. The keyboard keys are solid, big, and bold, hence, it is casual yet professionally fit for typing.
For connectivity, the laptop lacks several ports but upgrades compare to last year’s model.
It comes with USB Type-C port instead of the ancient Mini DisplayPort, and USB Type-A port, thus you have the Surface Connect connector to thank for access to add more port.
Like its predecessor, the Surface Laptop 3 comes with two display screen size options. This includes the 13.5-inch and 15-inch.
The screen retains Microsoft’s signature 3:2 aspect ratio, and the 2,496 x 1,664 resolution resulting in 201PPI per density.
Similarly, the laptop uses the PixelSense display named for its capacitive touch and stylus capabilities. This display supports touch, and pen input.
Above all, this laptop comes with 10-point touch tracking, hence, the screens can handle simultaneous touches from all fingers on both hands, enabling a wide number of gestures and multi-touch controls.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 comes with different CPU depending on the screen size and storage capacity.
On the inside, the 13.5-inch Surface Laptop 3 has Intel’s latest 10th Gen Ice Lake quad-core processors, with either Core i5 or i7 options.
The 15-inch model, however, runs with AMD processors. Just like the smaller model, this version too comes with two CPU options.
You can choose from the AMD Ryzen™ 5 3580U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Vega 9 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition and AMD Ryzen™ 7 3780U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition.
For excellent performance, these laptops also come with three different graphic cards. The 13.5″model is backed up by Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics card.
On the other hand, the 15-inch laptop comes with AMD Radeon™ Vega 9 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition for the base model and AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition for the higher model.
Furthermore, the Surface Laptop 3 will offer up to 16GB of RAM with up to 1TB SSD card, so there is enough storage space for your everyday use.
Above all, these laptops run on Windows 10 operating system out-of-the-box, for smooth user’s experience.
The Surface Laptop 3 comes with the TPM 2.0 chip which makes the laptop more secure with an SSD controller for on-the-fly data encryption.
Also, these laptops come with Omnisonic Speakers. It includes stereo speakers with a high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound system.
Furthermore, the laptop sports a long-lasting battery that offers up to 11.5 hours of typical device usage.
You also can now enjoy the use of the Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax wireless networking and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless features for perfect sharing and connectivity.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Price and Availability
The Surface Laptop 3 price starts at $999.99 and depending on the configuration the price changes.
This Laptop device is available on Microsoft official stores and other third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Surface Laptop 3
- OS: Window 10
- Processor: Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 or i5-1035G7 Processor (13.5-inch), AMD Ryzen™ 5 3580U Mobile Processor or AMD Ryzen™ 7 3780U Mobile Processor (15-inch)
- GPU: Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics (13.5″), AMD Radeon™ Vega 9 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition or AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics Microsoft Surface® Edition (15″)
- Memory: Up to 16GB of RAM
- Colors: Cobalt Blue, Matte Black, Sandstone
- Dimension: 308 mm x 223 mm x 14.5 mm (13.5”), 339.5 mm x 244 mm x 14.69 mm (15″)
- Weight: up to 1.54kg (15-inch) or up to 1.29 kg (13.5-inch)
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 15-inch PixelSense Touch Display, 2496 x 1664 (201 PPI), 3:2 Aspect Ratio or 13.5-inch PixelSense Display, 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI)
- Keyboard: Yes (Maybe bought Separately)
- Pointing Device: Yes, Touchscreen or Touchpad on Keyboard
- Built-in Storage: Up to 1TB SSD
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, 720p HD f2.0 camera
- USB Ports: 1 x USB-C, 1 x USB-A
- HDMI: –
- Thunderbolt Ports: –
- DisplayPort: –
- VGA: –
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot:
- Mic/Headphone: Yes, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Dual Far-Field Studio Mics
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: –
- Docking Connector: Yes, 1 x Surface Connect port
- Mobile Broadband:
- Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby® Audio™
- Microsoft 365 30-day trial
- TPM 2.0 Chip
- Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Windows Hello Face Authentication Camera (Front Facing Camera)
- Compatible with Surface Dial Off-Screen Interaction
- Battery: –
- Use Time: Up to 11.5 hours