The Meizu 17 Pro brings a more premium package to the Meizu 17 series of smartphones. Comparing it to it’s fewer premium siblings, you get an improved chassis build, improved cameras, more RAM, and lots more. This article covers the Meizu 17 Pro specs and price, which will help you make your purchase decision.
Where to Buy Meizu 17 Pro
Meizu 17 Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (390 ppi)
- Android 10, Flyme 8.1
- 8GB / 12GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 32MP + 0.3MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 27W Fast Charge
- 5G Support
- 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Meizu 17 Pro bears the same subtle design we saw on the less premium Meizu 17. However, meticulously scrutinizing the chassis of both Android smartphones reveal some disparities.
The Meizu 17 Pro features a more premium build. It features a glass up front and ceramics on the rear and frame. you also get new color options.
The front panel of this mobile phone houses the same 6.6-inch display we saw on its less premium sibling. This display is powered by a Super AMOLED panel and has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a screen density of 390 PPI.
On the rear, we have a horizontal camera module housing an array of four cameras and a single camera flash. On the bottom is the Meizu branding which indicates its a Meizu smartphone.
The main camera upgrades brought by the Meizu 17 Pro are in its rear cameras. It does away with the extra-wide camera on its less premium sibling and introduces an 8MP telephoto camera. It also steps up the ultrawide camera, making it a 32MP sensor.
Other cameras in the rear camera system include a 64MP primary camera and a 0.3MP Macro camera. This rear camera setup is capable of 1080p and 4k video recording at 60fps. You also get Panorama and HDR for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 20MP selfie camera, which is also capable of 1080p video recording and also provides HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
The Meizu 17 pro brings a minor spec bump to the Meizu 17 series. The only upgrade is the addition of a new 12GB RAM variant. The rest specs are pretty much the same.
Its the same Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor, Adreno 650 Graphics processing unit, 128GB or 256GB of internal storage, and the same 4500mAh battery.
On the software side, it runs the Flyme 8.1 user interface on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Meizu 17 Pro features a USB Type-C port. It also features WiFi, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. The absence of a 3.5mm headphone jack here means private audio listening is done with a wireless headphone or a USB-C headphone.
Thanks to its 5G support, enthusiasts who purchase this smartphone will be able to stream, download, and upload at 5G speeds provided they have 5G reception in their area.
Meizu 17 Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Meizu 17 Pro starts around $606, which is about 234,528 Naira, 64,888 Kenyan Shillings, 3,506 Ghana Cedi.
The Meizu 17 Pro was announced on May 8, 2020, and is expected to go on sale on May 11, 2020. It comes in Mint, Black and White.
Meizu 17 Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Meizu 17 Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, Flyme 8.1
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB RAM
- Colors: Mint, Black, White
- Dimension: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 219 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 390 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (Telephoto) f/2.4 + 32MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 0.3MP (Depth) f/1.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, /60fps, 1080p; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), HDR ,
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac/ax, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (2.0) reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Quick charge 3.0, 27W
2020 6 Best VPN service to use
Getting the best VPN possible is an important part of the kit to keep your online life as safe as possible in...