The Oppo A92 is a new budget smartphone from Oppo. The phone was announced in Malaysia as the rebranded version of the Oppo A72 that was launched some weeks ago. Oppo A92 features a 6.5-inch display and four rear cameras.
The smartphone arrives with a punch hole, impressive cameras set-up, and generous inbuilt storage coupled with ample RAM.
Oppo A92 Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 PPI)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.1
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 18W Fast Charging
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Oppo A92 is blessed with a nice body that will raise many heads. The panel is built with plastic and it houses just the cameras set-up and an LED flash. It measures 162 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm in dimensions and weight 192 grams which is still under 200 grams.
The android phone is available in amazing colors shades such as Twilight Black, Stream White, and Aurora Purple. On the display, the Oppo A92 features a 6.5-inch IPS LCD screen with a punch-hole at the upper-left corner.
The display provides a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and 405 PPI density. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 90.5 percent. Users will get a TUV Rheinland certified display that prevents eye strain by cutting down the blue rays.
On the camera department, the smartphone is blessed with five cameras set-up. On the backside, it has four rear cameras in a rectangular module consisting of the 48-megapixel main lens, a 119-degree ultrawide 8-megapixel lens, a 2-megapixel lens for macro shots and a 2-megapixel sensor for depth effect.
Upfront is 16-megapixel for capturing selfies. The main camera features LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can shoot 4K videos at 30 seconds per frame.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo A92 is powered by Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.0 GHz. It has Adreno 610 for graphics and it runs on Android 10 operating system out of the box with ColorOS 7.1 mounted on top.
The inbuilt storage on the device is 128GB with 8GB RAM and there is a dedicated slot on the inside for expansion.
Battery and Network
Fueling the smartphone is a 5000 mAh that carries support for fast charging 18W.
The phone has dual SIMs and 4G LTE networks for fast browsing. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, A-GPS for navigation, and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 for charging and data transfer. There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the phone for security.
Oppo A92 Price and Availability
The Oppo A92 is now available for purchase for $279. In Nigeria, this roughly converts to 115,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will cost around 1,700 Ghs and 32,000 Ksh in Kenya.
You can order the phone at any online leading store in the country or at any electronic store close to your location.
Oppo A92 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A92:
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7.1
- Processor: Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm), Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colors: Twilight Black, Stream White, Aurora Purple
- Dimension: 162 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41 – Southeast Asia
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infra Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 18W
2020 6 Best VPN service to use
Getting the best VPN possible is an important part of the kit to keep your online life as safe as possible in...