The Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G is the affordable version of the Xiaomi Mi 10 device. This is a similar version of the Mi 10 Lite that was announced in Europe back in May. Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G features a 6.57-inch display and four rear cameras.
The little differences are the camera specifications. The company upgraded the camera for better positioning in the competitive market.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G Key Specs & Features
- 6.57 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi)
- Android 10; MIUI 11
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (under display, optical)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 22.5W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 4+
- 4160 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
On the design, just like the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite, the phone packs a waterdrop notch with AMOLED display on the front and a rectangular camera housing at the back. The camera housing brings in a curved corner which sets it apart from other rectangular camera designs and the rear panel is built with corning gorilla glass.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth is a compact smartphone as it measures just 7.88mm in thickness and weighs 192 grams. You can buy the smartphone in five colors namely White, Peach, Blue, Black, and Mint Green. Further, there is a special Doraemon limited edition.
The Mi 10 Youth offers a 6.57-inch Pentile AMOLED display which is the same as the standard Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite. The screen has a 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 ratio, and 401 PPI density. It also features HDR10+, 180Hz touch sampling rate, and 800 nits of peak brightness. Users will also get display protection of corning gorilla glass 5.
On the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth has an upgraded 48MP quad-camera setup which includes a capable telephoto sensor. The additional periscope 8 MP has a 50x telephoto zoom camera with 5X optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom, another 8 MP 120° ultra-wide-angle camera, and lastly is 2cm Macro camera.
This means the Chinese phone can also be regarded as Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite Zoom. The camera has some new features that include 12 new filters for the popular AI sky replacement feature, AI Magic Kaleidoscope, AI Magic AvatarAI Magic Emoji, dual-view mode, and also AI + AR algorithms used on the Mi 10 cameras. Selfies lovers will get a front camera of 16 MP.
Hardware and Software
On the performance, the smartphone comes onboard with a 5G integrated Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G chip based on 7nm process technology. It also has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.4 GHz and Adreno 620 GPU to take care of graphics.
The phone runs on the Android 10 operating system with MIUI 11 on top. The chip comes with a liquid cooling peg with 6GB or 8GB RAM with an inbuilt storage of 256GB. It supports SA/NSA 5G, making it another budget device with a 5G network.
Battery and Network
Fueling the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth is a nonremovable battery capacity of 4160mAh that supports 22.5W fast charging technology.
It comes with both 4G and 5G networks with Wi-Fi and other features such as NFC, 3.5mm headphone jack, infrared, dual-frequency GPS, Hi-Res Audio, and 0.91cc speakers.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite Youth 5G Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G will start selling at a price of $296 for the 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, the 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM will sell for $325, the 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM will cost $353 and lastly the 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM will cost $395.
In Nigeria, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G will start selling at a price of 120,000 Naira, while in Ghana, it will sell for 1,800 Ghs and 33,000 Ksh in Kenya. The phone is currently available for purchase online and offline.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G:
- Platform: Android 10; MIUI 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, White, Black, Green, Orange/Peach
- Dimension: 164 x 74.8 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.57 inches Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes, CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: Yes, 1, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4160 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
2020 6 Best VPN service to use
Getting the best VPN possible is an important part of the kit to keep your online life as safe as possible in...